Working with me re-energises and excites the spirit, the swagger, and the confidence of you and your teams, to really connect with your customer. Whether you’re just starting out with a brilliant business idea or you’re a well-established brand needing a profitable makeover, my proven approach (developed over 20 years in customer-facing businesses) can work for you.
My colleague Lee Carpenter-Johnson is an outstanding commercial leader. His understanding of trading, buying, e-commerce and digital means he can quickly identify opportunities for you to create a more synchronised customer experience that can lead to significant revenue growth. Together, we make the complex simple, and our ‘know-how’ can be the rocket fuel you need to propel your brand or business to the next level.
At The Brand Inspiration Co. we also work to develop Future Leaders, give something back through Social Enterprise, and have a passion for Diversity and Inclusion. Our expertise in these areas means that we bring even sharper awareness and insight to our projects with you.
- In Early Learning Centre, a business turnaround from a £7m loss to a £10m profit from the principle of ‘enriching the lives of children’
- In Wallis, a step up to a retailer seen as standing out from a ‘me too’ high street
- In BHS, a 20% increase in sales for the target-product category
- In Ann Summers, fearlessly ‘selling orgasms’ rather than lingerie and toys, saw the business rediscover its mojo, big time
- In Women in Retail, established the Emerging Leader community, raised the profile of the organisation, and increased thought leadership and the voice for gender, diversity and inclusion in retail.
- We are keen to make a difference by supporting a growing group of social enterprises.
- Through our wide network of friends and contacts, including Westminster Business Council and The Chelsea Football Club Foundation, we make connections and are introduced to opportunities to give back and make a difference to people's lives.
- We are particularly proud to be working with Once Upon a Doug - a non-profit social enterprise aimed at giving women farmers of India a secondary, reliable income. We actively seeking ways to add value to the work of Once Upon a Doug and find further ways to increase their reach and impact to improve the lives of many more people in India.
- We contribute to growing the leaders of today and the future.
- We coach, mentor and share our experience with individuals and groups of leaders throughout their journey.
- We engage with student groups at Pearson College, London College of Fashion, supporting them in their transition into work. We inspire and stimulate their self belief and confidence.
- Fiona and Lee are both passionate advocates for gender, diversity and inclusion in the retail sector and beyond. They believe that proactively engaging with these issues is both about doing the right thing and delivering enhanced business results.
- Fiona is a sought-after speaker and commentator on the topic Walking in your customers’ shoes – putting diversity and inclusion at the top of the agenda.
- Fiona is known for her fearlessness in having the conversations that are needed NOW; she believes that if nothing is changing then the conversation needs to change. If you need to have a difficult conversation about gender, diversity or inclusion in your organisation, she can help you.
- We've captured Fiona speaking and being interviewed on the topic of The Commercial Advantage of More Women in the Boardroom...
My approach to developing a winning brand is based on an apparently simple concept—the ‘why’, the ‘what’ and the ‘how’. But I’ve found it can reliably persuade the hearts and minds of businesses, their stakeholders, their boards, their teams and their customers to unite in their passion for and belief in the brand with compelling results.
My personal style is insightful but empathetic and energetic. I’ve motivated and inspired whole-business teams in top companies to belief-driven action. I’ve mentored and coached individuals, entrepreneurs and small businesses on the path to greatness. I’ve led the transformation of highly commercial brands to achieve qualitative and quantitative shifts in business performance, and we’ve had a lot of fun on the way.
Whatever the nature of the transformation required, I know that I, Lee and our network of expert collaborators have the potential to add significant value to your business. Tell me about the success you want to achieve, and I’ll help you discover (or rediscover) the mojo of your business or brand, for an exciting future.
If you’re ready for an informal chat by phone or over coffee about your brand or business, choose the PINK button to send Fiona a message. If you’re not ready to talk quite yet, click BLUE to learn more about Fiona’s approach and how it could work for you.
“Fiona really changed our brand. Her work that produced our brand essence ‘Fearlessly Unleashing Sexual Confidence’ has helped to create our vision, to make every woman in the world feel like the sexiest woman in the world.”
Vanessa Gold — MD, Ann Summers
“Fiona’s work on the ELC brand transformed the customer experience with the motivating principle of ‘Enriching the lives of children’. All parents want to give their children the best start in learning and life, and putting play at the centre of our thinking contributed hugely to the turnaround of ELC.”
Mike France — ex-MD, Early Learning Centre
“A dynamic step forward for the business, the work led by Fiona allowed us to get even closer to our customer, to develop our relationship with her, and to continue to build on the very special position of the Wallis brand in the marketplace.”
Pat Burnett — ex-MD, Wallis